Motivation

by - 1:09 PM

motivate motivate-me
I just started to read this book titled "100 ways to motivate yourself" by Steve Chandler. I've had this book for so long and never finished it. I always get sidetracked and leave things at the middle. Unless, its a college paper or something. But this time I'm going to finish reading it in its entirety. Every time I pick this book up and read the first few chapters, I'm always finding myself nodding to what he has to say and relating to it. 

My favorite quotes that I have highlighted are,

"When we leave this world, we will ask ourselves one question: What's different? What's different because I was here? And the answer to that question will be the difference that we made."

"Personality is overrated. Who we are is up to us every moment." 

"What you do is create a vision of who you want to be and then live into that picture as if it were already true." 

I have loads and loads of books that I buy but never get to reading them. So I'm making my short term goal to finish reading all of them that I have acquired. Which will hopefully not take me that long. I remember when I used to go to the library every week with about ten books piled high and finish them all. And now I'm luck if I finish reading a college assigned novel. I think my problem resides in that I get too lazy for my own good. There's so much things I want to do but so little time, that they just get lost somewhere. Which is why I'm trying to change that. 
In other news, Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I cannot wait to dig into all that delicious food. And help my mom of course in making it. Perhaps try baking from scratch, and hope that it doesn't turn into a mess like my icing did. I messed that up somewhere in the list of instructions. It's like every time I cook it can only turn out good on my off days and not when I'm actually trying to make it good. Anyways, hope you all have a Good Thanksgiving! 

You May Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for commenting!<3